Friday, September 3, 2010

A Bit Of A Meltdown

Thankfully, only of the computer variety, not dog or human melting. Been having PC issues. Those ones that involve repeated trips to the store to buy things that aren’t the right thing. Then those trips to return those things that involve uncomfortable and often irritating conversations with kids that I could totally be the mother of if I were of the baby-making ilk.

Do you have Fry’s where you live? I’ve only seen them here, so maybe a CA thing? Weirdest damn store ever. I can’t really put my finger on it, but there is just something fundamentally wrong with being able to buy a hard drive and a turkey baster in the same store. Perhaps they should change their name from Fry’s Electronics to Fry’s Electronics And Random Shit That Fell Off The Back Of A Truck? Fry’s Electronics And The Stuff That Didn’t Get Destroyed In That Fire? Dunno. Would be helpful, though, to be a little more descriptive.
Plus, maybe it’s a personality flaw on my part, but I have a hard time trusting the computer advice of the 12 year old kid in the $50 suit when they are also pawning meat thermometers.

Long-ish story short. I ended up buying a new machine. Then we have the fun of getting the stuff from over there to over here and, damn, that software doesn’t run on Win7, and, damn again, when did they stop putting LPT ports on the back of computers. Gah! Been fun week.
Dogs? Oh, you came here for them. Right.

Here’s one.
DSC_8982a

That one doing very well with her re-re-training of weave poles.

At the sheep joint, though? Not so much. Just holding the fence down.
DSC_9087

Other one pretty good, too.
DSC_9126

Sheep thing going pretty well, depends on the day. I don’t know enough to really know how she’s doing. I don’t know how much of our issues are related to her lack of experience vs. a lack of talent. I don’t know that she has what it takes to ever be off the puppy sheep. I guess that’s OK. She started late. No plans to trial here. Just learning.
DSC_9129

They can both hold the fence down if necessary
DSC_9108

3 comments:

  1. Fry's is in Washington also, and yes there is 12 year old's selling computers and turkey basters in the Seattle store.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the sheep thing is going well. Frys, yuk. Mom decided they advertise on stuff they don't have in stock. Glad you got a new machine though. Cool pictures
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Fry's in Oregon too. I don't really like going there either and now I may know why:) It is a weird store! Ours has a giant rack of a zillion different magazines that I never understood.

    ReplyDelete