Friday, April 16, 2010

The Lone Woof: A Kate-Free Installment

So Kate, being the dingbat that she is – I may have mentioned that a few times - is currently on injured reserve. I have no idea what she did, but she hurt her back. Poor Kate is the perfect example of the fact that ‘biddable’ does not equal ‘smart’.

She wants to do what you ask the nanosecond you ask it. No planning. No thinking. Just move.

Go out to pee? Will do!! Right now!! Ow, the screen’s not open.

Get in the car? Will do!! Right now!! Oww, the door is on the back, not the side.

In my expen? Will do!! Right now!! Owww, I can’t fit through those tiny little wires

And so on.

I think she twisted herself going to bed. Yes. This is the dog that hurt herself falling off of grass, remember? To go to bed, one needs to go down the carpet covered hall. Make a right into the hardwood floored bedroom. 180° turn. Hop on bed. You can see where this could be an issue at 90MPH? Yeah, me too.

So, I have 5 more days of “rest” and we see where she’s at.

Bella has been loving it. So much so that I fear she may start injuring Kate on purpose.

Not only did she get Kate-free time today, she got everyone-free time. Not a soul at the park this morn.

Little brown dog. Park to herself
DSC_6885

Enjoying the little patch of morning sun
DSC_6877

Freedom tastes good
DSC_6870

You can even throw in some smack talking when there is no one around to hear you
DSC_6871

You should always double-check, though
DSC_6845

Enjoy it while you can, Punk. I suspect there will be barking in your ear in the very near future.
DSC_6855



5 comments:

  1. Every home needs a dingbat. Your hilarious description sounds so familiar .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Kate. She needs a slo-mo button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our 90mph dingbat also has a case of Setter Head. It makes for interesting injuries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice photos of your dog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete